WinGDOES has been developed by Spectruma and is a user friendly software control program for the GDA - series instruments. The new software version 5.3 is based on its predecessor version 5.2, extending it by new features and improvements.
WinGDOES 5.3 can be installed with little effort. Your existing data can be easily imported and used.
Key features of WinGDOES 5.3 are:
- Adapting to current instrument generations: Enhanced performance by faster reading of the instrument information. The selection of the CCD integration times has been optimised for the instruments improved in the meantime. The readout speed of CCD spectra has been raised so that more data are obtained in the same time frame.
- Avoiding operator errors: Method settings incompatible with the instrument are better indicated. Signal checking for calibration, recalibration, and bulk measurements can help to detect incorrect measurements automatically.
- Overlay Functions: You can define a custom colour sequence to be used instead of the default one.
- Staying up to date more easily: When you are connected to the internet, WinGDOES is able to check in certain time intervals whether a more recent version is available. You may download it then with only a few clicks.
Key features of WinGDOES 5.2 are:
- Depth Measuring System: The current version contains initial basic support for the Depth Measuring System.
- Linearised CCD Data: The current version allows you to determine and correct the non-linearity of the sensitivity of your CCD sensors. This makes more accurate calibrations of CCD channels possible. Additionally, artefacts are avoided when using dynamic CCD integration times and very sensitive spectral lines are to be detected.
- Pseudo Channels in the Job: In the job, you may now define their colour and scaling. Additionally, you may specify whether the channels should be hidden in the graph.
- Pseudo Channels in the Depth Profile: When calculating pseudo channels using the arithmetics function, you may now also use the display names of the channels if they are unique.